The Research Associate will join a fast-growing team of chemists, biochemists, and bioengineers at Zymeron to develop pharmaceutical and diagnostic technologies for infectious diseases. The ideal candidate will work with senior scientists to conceive, design, and execute laboratory experiments, interpret data, and contribute to progress report. The candidate will provide critical benchwork support for rapid diagnostic tests, and drug discovery or pharmaceutical formulation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform materials preparation and formulation with established experimental protocols
- Conduct chemical analysis, chemical assays, bioassays, or cellular assays
- Assist senior scientists optimizing experiment design and data analysis methodologies
- Operate common chemistry and/or biology laboratory instruments
- Analyze and interpret technical data.
- Manage and maintain laboratory instruments
Required Key Competencies
- M.S. or B.S. in Biomedical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biomaterials, Chemistry or related multidisciplinary fields.
- A minimum of 2 years of laboratory research experience.
- Experienced in common chemistry or biological laboratory instruments and techniques
- Demonstrated attention to details
- Strong ability and desire to learn new skills and techniques