The Research Scientist will join a fast-growing team of chemists, biochemists, and bioengineers at Zymeron to develop innovative biomedical technologies. The ideal candidate will independently conceive, design, and execute laboratory experiments, interpret data, and contribute to progress report writing with minimum supervision. The candidate will support and work with senior scientists to advance funded technologies with quantitatively measurable milestones. The candidate will work in the precision therapeutics team to conduct applied research and laboratory development work and to commercialize a portfolio of drug delivery and drug formulation technologies and products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Survey literature and design formulation strategies for a variety of polymeric and inorganic nanoparticles.
- Perform bioconjugation with proteins, aptamers, peptides, and optical labels using bioactive linkers.
- Conduct polymer and peptide functionalization, purification with automated chromatography, and characterization with LCMS, NMR, and other analytical tools.
- Investigate novel drug formulations for various routes of administration (IM, SC, topical)
- Analyze and interpret technical data.
- Manage laboratory instruments.
- Write, review and edit technical documents.
Required Key Competencies
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Biomaterials, Nanotechnology, or related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of laboratory research experience.
- Proficient in polymer, nanoparticle synthesis and purification
- Skilled in laboratory instruments and analytical tools (LCMS, DLS, UV, Fluorescence, Microscope, Plate Reader) for material characterization
- Able to handle fast-paced, multi-tasking, highly dynamic R&D environment
- Capable of analyzing complex technical problems and interpreting results in a concise fashion
- Demonstrated attention to details
- Strong self-direction