The Research Scientist will join a fast-growing team of chemists, biochemists, and bioengineers at Zymeron to develop innovative biomedical technologies. The ideal candidate will independently conceive, design, and execute laboratory experiments, interpret data, and contribute to progress report writing with minimum supervision. The candidate will support and work with senior scientists to advance funded technologies through experimental design and the establishment of quantitatively measurable milestones. The candidate will work in the drug delivery and precision therapeutics team to conduct applied research and laboratory development work and to commercialize a portfolio of drug delivery/formulation technologies and products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform organic synthesis, purification and characterization of small molecules.
- Survey literature and design synthetic strategies for small molecule drugs.
- Synthesize polymer and nanoparticle conjugates with bioactive linkers.
- Characterize compounds with HPLC, LCMS, NMR, and other analytical tools.
- Investigate novel drug formulations for various routes of administration (i.e. IV, IM, SC etc)
- Analyze and interpret technical data.
- Manage laboratory instruments.
- Write, review and edit technical documents.
Required Key Competencies
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, Synthetic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry or related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of laboratory research experience.
- Proficient in organic synthesis, multi-step synthesis
- Skilled in chromatographic purification of organic compounds
- Experienced in analytical tools (LCMS, NMR etc) for compound characterization
- Able to handle fast-paced, multi-tasking, highly dynamic R&D environment
- Capable of analyzing complex technical problems and interpreting results in a concise fashion
- Demonstrated attention to details
- Strong self-direction