The Research Scientist will join a fast-growing team of medicinal chemists, pharmaceutical scientists, and synthetic chemists at Zymeron to develop pharmaceutical technologies for infectious diseases and cancers. The ideal candidate will work with senior scientists to conceive, design, and execute laboratory experiments, interpret data, and contribute to progress report. The candidate will provide critical benchwork support for drug discovery and pharmaceutical formulation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design organic synthesis strategy, and perform organic synthesis, purification and characterization of small molecules.
- Perform conjugation reactions of peptides to small molecules using bioactive linkers; conduct polymer and peptide functionalization, purification with automated chromatography, and characterization with LCMS, NMR, and other analytical tools.
- Scale up drug candidate synthesis with Flash and Prep LC systems (i.e. CombiFlash NextGen and Torrent).
- Analyze and interpret technical data.
- Manage and maintain chemistry laboratory instruments.
Required Key Competencies
- Ph.D. or MS in Organic Chemistry, Synthetic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry or related disciplines.
- A minimum of 5 years of laboratory research experience.
- Experienced in common chemistry laboratory instruments such as HPLC.
- Demonstrated attention to details
- Strong ability and desire to learn new skills and techniques