The Senior Medicinal Chemist will join a fast-growing team of synthetic chemists, medicinal chemists and pharmaceutical scientists to develop novel small molecule drugs and peptide-based drug delivery technologies. The ideal candidate will independently conceive, design, and execute laboratory experiments, interpret data, and contribute to progress report writing. The candidate as a project leader will work together with other investigators in the precision therapeutics team to advance applied research and laboratory development work and to commercialize a portfolio of drug technologies and products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design small molecule compounds based on novel drug mechanism of actions including targeted protein degradation (e.g. PROTACs), protein/enzyme inhibitors, or microbial membrane disrupters.
- Conduct virtual drug screening and protein-ligand docking for drug discovery using common molecular modeling simulation software such as AutoDock, DOCK, GOLD, or FlexX, or artificial intelligence (AI)-based drug discovery tools.
- Design drug optimization strategies using structure activity relationship (SAR and QSAR) and other medicinal chemistry tools.
- Provide supports to the precision therapeutics projects in organic synthesis, or peptide sequence and bioactive linker selection.
- Investigate novel drug formulations for various routes of administration (IM, topical, ODF, etc)
- Analyze and interpret technical data.
- Write, review and edit technical documents.
Required Key Competencies
- Ph.D. in Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceuticals, Synthetic Chemistry or related disciplines.
- A minimum of 5 years of laboratory research experience.
- Proficient in protein-ligand docking, virtual screening
- Desired to have experience or expertise in organic synthesis, small molecule and peptide purification and analytical characterization
- It is a plus to have experience in protein degraders or antiviral drugs
- Capable of analyzing complex technical problems and interpreting results in a concise fashion
- Demonstrated attention to details
- Strong self-direction